Terms of service –
All data and information provided on this site is for entertainment and informational purposes only. workingreporter.com and workingreporter blog make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
“Workingreporter.com” and “WorkingReporter Blog” and its editor assume no liability for contents of material on pages linked to this website and assume no responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of information contained on such sites. Workingreporter and WorkingReporter Blog and its editor assume no responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. The thoughts expressed by guest columnists are those of the various guest writers and other contributors and are not necessarily positions taken by “workingreporter.com” or the WorkingReporter Blog or its editor. When you visit this site standard computer information is collected, such as (but not limited to) the IP address and the type of browser and operating system you are using. “Workingreporter.com” does not sell information collected from visitors to the webiste. Voluntarily disclosed information on any comment page or forum we may develop becomes public information. Information sharing is completely optional and at your own risk.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by workingreporter.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- You must not describe or assign keywords to your comments in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and workingreporter.com may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause liability. You must immediately notify the workingreporter blog of any unauthorized use or any other breaches of security. Workingreporter.com and blog will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a blog post, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your comment is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your comment’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by workingreporter.com blog or otherwise.
By submitting Content to the WorkingReporter Blog, you grant WorkingReporter.com Blog a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, workingreporter.com has the right (though not the obligation) to, in workingreporter.com’s sole discretion to (i) refuse or remove any content that, in workingreporter.com’s reasonable opinion is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in workingreporter.com’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Workingreporter.com has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Automattic does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Automattic disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which workingreporter.com links, and that link to workingreporter.com. Workingreporter.com does not have any control over those non-Workingreporter.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-workingreporter.com website or webpage, workingreporter.com does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Workingreporter.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-workingreporter.com websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As workingreporter.com asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by workingreporter.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify workingreporter.com via email at email@example.com. Workingreporter.com will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of workingreporter.com or others, workingreporter.com may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from workingreporter.com to you any workingreporter.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Workingreporter.com and the WorkingReporter Blog.
- Changes. Workingreporter.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Workingreporter.com may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Automattic may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Workingreporter.com and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither workingreporter.com nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will workingreporter.com, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data.
- General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Website will be in strict accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside) and (ii) your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless workingreporter.com and the workingreporter blog, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between workingreporter.com and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of workingreporter.com. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Los Angeles, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; workingreporter.com may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.